When your business is a part of the online world, your prime focus should be to drive traffic to your website or blog. Social media platforms like Facebook and YouTube are huge and have millions of users. That is the reason running a campaign on these platforms is an absolute must. However, in order to make the most of these two popular social platforms, you need to make sure that you are implementing the most effective strategies.
Traffic Campaign from Facebook
Facebook is one of the most popular social networks that have billions of users. Therefore, using Facebook to drive traffic is a must if you want to succeed. Now, let’s just read onto the important pointers that you must keep in mind in order to run a successful traffic generating campaign from Facebook.
Keep Your Content Up-to-Date
- In order to bring a greater number of people from your target audience to your website, you need to keep posting valuable tips for your niche. Do not make the posts too long. Keep them short, simple, and attractive. Use an image to enhance the look of your post.
- Share posts based on the most frequently asked questions by your customers.
- Keep everyone updated on the happenings focusing your business. You can post updates about an event and its preparations to keep the audience in the loop. These posts should be added to your Facebook on a weekly basis.
- Post an interview of someone from the industry or your office.
- Share great articles with your audience every week. Give your say on the topics and provide value to your customers.
Getting Your Content Shared
- Make use of social share plugins on different online platforms or pages of your website. Add Facebook share or like button on your website pages.
- Use Digg Digg plugin to make social sharing options available on different pages of your website.
- Tell the audience to like and share your content on Facebook.
- Direct the visitors to a specified action using a CTA.
Optimizing Your Posts Using Links
A great way to direct customers to your website or a desired page is to add links. There are three different methods with the help of which brands can utilize links on Facebook. Let’s take a look below.
- You can simply copy and paste a link of a webpage in the status box on Facebook. When you post a link in the status box, it turns into a photo and metadata that a particular post had. The problem with this technique is that an image that doesn’t have 1.91:1 ratio gets pixilated and reduced in size.
- Another great way to make use of links in your Facebook posts is to upload an image and add the link in the status box. In this technique, you need to add a little blurb or information related to the link in the status.
- You can also add a link to a post in the status box by removing the details of the link and making the post ‘text-only’. This technique can be used to maximize your reach as text-only posts are viewed by more people. Although it is a text-only post, it will still have a link in it which can help you gain traffic.
Add Your Website Link to Your Facebook
Another great way to direct more people to your website is by adding your website link to your Facebook page. However, make sure that the link is added in all the appropriate places for maximum impact.
- Add links to your blogs, videos, and website pages on the ‘About’ section on your Facebook page.
- Add website or blog links in the description of pictures and videos on Facebook.
- Add different tabs to your Facebook page and add links in them.
- Use Networkedblogs to automatically add links to your blog posts on the different tabs on the page.
- Add links to your blogs on your Facebook page.
- Directly share the blogs on Facebook using social share plugins.
Use Facebook Advertising Methods
- Create attractive ads on Facebook and link them to your website.
- Create Newsfeed ads to increase viewability.
- Create ads using Ads Manager tool on Facebook and choose the option ‘Goals for Website’.
- Create Boosted posts on Facebook by making use 20% or more text without any image.
Last but not least, you need to make sure that the website links that you add on your Facebook page or posts have a compelling CTA.
Traffic Campaign from YouTube
When it comes to the number of users, no social networking site can beat YouTube. Let’s take a look at the benefits of using YouTube for generating traffic.
Benefits of Using YouTube for Traffic
- YouTube is an interesting and highly engaging platform with billions of users.
- You can sue YouTube to create brand awareness using a small and interesting teaser or video.
- YouTube is a dynamic video platform that can be used to create all sorts of attractive videos by turning simple text and images into an animated form with audio, text, and graphics.
- Google owns YouTube, which means that this platform gets preference by Google in its search engine. That’s the reason YouTube videos get top ranks on Google, increasing your chances of getting viewed.
- YouTube allows you to earn massive by giving you the option to become a YouTube partner.
- YouTube allows you to use your AdSense account to earn lots of money and enjoy maximum benefits.
Tips to Drive Traffic from YouTube
To be able to make the most of this video marketing platform, follow the traffic generating tips given below.
- Your YouTube videos should include your Call to Action.
- Tell your viewers in the video to follow you or visit your website or complete any desired action that you want them to take.
- Direct your viewers to your website or blog.
- Tell them how they can visit you.
- Your YouTube videos should tell the viewers why they should perform a certain action.
- Giveaway something for free through your videos.
- Say thanks to the viewers for watching the video.
- Tell the viewers that they will receive a valuable gift if they visit your website.
- Add details of the video, CTA, keywords, and website URL in the description box of the video.
- Go to Ads.youtube.com to create a call to action banner overlay on your video. This overlay is placed on the bottom of your video and gives viewers the options to close it too.
- Create a trailer video of your brand and offerings and make it available on your dashboard by linking it. The videos that are linked to the dashboard appear on your channel and can be viewed by anyone that visits it. This trailer will give you a chance to direct customers to your website.
- Use annotations and link your website’s URL to your videos for maximum impact.
- Share your YouTube videos on different social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr.
- Choose an SEO title for your videos with the most appropriate keywords.
- Make use of attractive thumbnails for your videos because a thumbnail represents your video. A great thumbnail will allow you to get more people to click on your videos.
If you make use of Facebook and YouTube the right way, you will get loads of traffic to your website which will help you increase sales and meet other business goals.